Friday, 14 November 2014

The Knee Inferno Wrap Helped Me Avoid Surgery

I am a 44 year-old woman in good health. I eat a fresh diet and take high-quality supplements..

I injured both knees two years ago while kneeling to tile my family room and entry. Subsequently, a simple twisting squat ripped my left meniscus with a huge bucket tear that required surgery to trim so it wouldn't keep catching and re-tearing. I am not one to undergo surgery unless it is unavoidable, and even after a "simple" scope operation, it took me a full year to get full extension back on that knee, and I doubt I will ever be able to squat again.

I run a cleaning business. A couple of months ago an employee had forgotten to return equipment to my van, and I had to mop some hardwood flooring for a client on my hands and knees. That simple ten-minute job put me back out of commission. The kneeling pre-injured the area, and when I stepped back onto my good leg two days later, I felt that familiar burn of a fresh meniscus tear. I was heartsick, dreading another surgery and the attendant expense, pain, and down time. I know from my previous experience that cartilage is hard to heal because of the poor blood supply, especially to the center. I knew it was just a matter of time before I tore it further. (My dad had multiple knee scopes before finally getting a replacement, but I was not going down that path if I could help it!)

I got online and researched alternatives that would get me back on my feet. Delighted to discover Mend Me Shop and their professional athletic healing devices, I ordered the Inferno Wrap and Ice Wrap. $400 would be a pittance relative to the $13,000 it costs to repair a torn meniscus (and that doesn't include rehab and lost income). During the week it took the package to arrive, I stayed off my feet as much as possible and iced the injured knee several times a day. My big hope was simply to avoid tearing the cartilage further before the stuff came. (With my surgery knee, I had re-torn it repeatedly before surgery.)

The minute that I put that Inferno wrap around my bad knee, I was in love! The penetrating warmth felt amazing. I kept it by my desk and strapped it on when I would sit and work at the computer. And I kept icing the knee. Within a couple weeks I was walking evenly on both legs, if gingerly lest I inadvertently twist or bounce. But I was definitely healing. I didn't miss any work after the first week, though I moved more slowly than usual and occasionally felt that piercing reminder of the tear. I had to lie down and elevate my knee every two hours to get through the day, but it was slowly healing. Four weeks later I was feeling so good, and the day was so sunny, that I went skipping off the front porch and was reminded I have a torn meniscus!

And so it goes to this day, some six weeks later: the injury is there, but it is gradually improving. The more I use the therapy devices, the faster it improves. The more I get lazy and feel perfect and neglect them, the more I slow down. But I work a full schedule without breaks and only occasionally am reminded of the injury.

By God's grace and with many thanks to Mend Me Shop, I have avoided surgery!

Gratefully yours,
Debbie Morgan






No comments:

Post a Comment